Israel: Palestinians:Written question, MONDAY 10 OCTOBER 2016Posted on: October 16, 2016, by : Admin
- Baroness Tonge: What steps are HMG taking in response to the concern expressed by the UN Coordinator for Humanitarian Assistance and Development Aid in the occupied Palestinian territory about the declining health of Bilal Kayid?
2 Baroness Tonge: What steps do HMG intend to take in the light of the call by the UN Coordinator for Humanitarian Aid and Development Activities for international support to improve the living conditions of those living in Gaza and to lift the blockade?
- Baroness Tonge: What assessment have HMG made of the case for ending the siege of Gaza in the light of the new data released by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs confirming that Israel’s blockade on the Gaza Strip tightened during July and the warning from the UN that Gaza will be uninhabitable by 2020?
- Baroness Tonge: What representations have HMG made to the government of Israel regarding the data collected by the Coalition Against Construction Accidents, about the rates at which Palestinians, Israeli Arabs or foreign nationals have died on Israeli construction sites in the past five years?
- Baroness Tonge: What action do HMG intend to take following the demolition of a home in Majdal Shams in the occupied Syrian Golan by the Israeli authorities on 7 September?
- Baroness Tonge: What steps are HMG taking to prevent the continued demolition of Palestinian homes.?
- Baroness Tonge: Will HMG make representations to the government of Israel in the light of the concern expressed by the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine about the death of a refugee and the high number of civilian injuries from live ammunition on 16 August during an Israeli military incursion into Fawwar refugee camp?
- Baroness Tonge: Will HMG make representations to the government of Israel following reports that Israeli forces prevented an ambulance from taking an injured person from Fawwar refugee camp on 16 August?
- Baroness Tonge: What representations are HMG making to the government of Israel regarding (1) night raids of Palestinian refugee camps in Area A of the West Bank, (2) the number of injuries to the youth in that camp as a result of those raids, and (3) reports that the Israeli commander responsible for the Dheisheh area threatened to disable the Palestinian youth living there?
- Baroness Tonge: What representations do HMG plan to make to the government of Israel concerning reports that on 29 August Israeli forces at Salaymeh checkpoint in Hebron fired tear gas at school-children attempting to make their way home?
- Baroness Tonge: What action do HMG intend to take following reports from the UN envoy that, since the diplomatic Quartet called for a halt to the construction of Jewish outposts on Palestinian land, Israeli settlement expansion has increased?
- Lord Empey: What encouragement have HMG given to UK investment in the Palestinian territories currently governed by the State of Israel?
- Lord Empey: What assessment have HMG made of companies investing in projects located in the Palestinian territories currently governed by the State of Israel?
- Baroness Tonge: What representations do HMG plan to make to the Palestinian Authority to encourage local elections in Gaza and the West Bank as soon as possible, and do they plan to give the Palestinian Authority assurances that they will accept the result of such elections?
- Lord Polak: Will HMG provide the names of the receiver organisations currently reported as “Supplier Name Withheld” for the £5.49 million in disbursements given to the Norwegian Refugee Council for legal assistance in the West Bank and Gaza from September 2013 to May 2016?
- Lord Polak: What were the total values of UK aid disbursements in the Palestinian territories given for the purpose of (1) legal assistance, and (2) promoting peaceful co-existence, in each of the last five years for which figures are available?
- Lord Polak: In the light of the reports of a senior World Vision official in Gaza diverting funds to Hamas, what steps are HMG taking to ensure that UK aid given to projects in Gaza and the West Bank is not misappropriated?
- Lord Empey: What financial or other assistance are HMG making available to the Palestinian territories currently governed by the State of Israel?
- Lord Judd: What response are HMG making, both bilaterally and multilaterally, to the statement on 8 September of the Commissioner-General of the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine at the extraordinary general meeting called to discuss the acute financial challenges currently faced by the organisation?